Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekly Update February 24, 2014

G'day friends and family!

What a fast week this was!

Elder 'Iongi and I were hard at work this week as we worked to follow-up with many of the potential investigators we have found over the last few weeks.  We taught a lot of lesson, but unfortunately, not many people were interested in learning much more.  I guess that's what happens.  Everybody has their agency.

We are continuing to work closely with Paul.  I must say that he has been my favorite investigator I've had on my mission.  He's a goofy guy, but has a big heart.  He is very Christ-like.  He tries very hard to live his life in a manner that he feels Christ would be happy with.   I wish more people in the world were like that.  I enjoy teaching him.  The questions he asks us really challenge the knowledge of the gospel I have gained over the last 19 months.....and 20 years before that!  I almost feel like I've been prepared over my mission to teach him.  I wouldn't be surprised if Elder 'Iongi felt the same way.  We are still trying to find a way for his wife's heart to soften.  We have come to find that some members in our ward know them, and they would like to get involved in teaching.  This will be a big help to us since we'll now have fellowship with us who they relate to.

This week Elder 'Iongi's bike broke down.  We spent most of the week walking everywhere in our area.  That's normally not an issue, but this week was exceptionally hot.  I wonder if God's trying to teach us a lesson in humility or gratitude here......no dramas.  He'll be getting it fixed this week, so we should be alright.

Well, I reckon that's all for this week.  It was all pretty generic, for the most part.  I love you all. Thanks again for your love and support.

Elder Rosier

No comments:

Post a Comment