Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Weekly Update September 25, 2013

Hello again everyone!

What a long week! This week our P-Day was moved to Wednesday so that we could attend the temple. While I do not at all complain about attending the temple,  not having P-day on Monday sure makes for a long week!

Well, to be honest I cannot say that anything super exciting happened to Elder Tobe and me this week. Mostly we spent time tracting and looking for new people to teach the gospel to. On Sunday we had the opportunity to teach a brief discussion to a family from Zimbabwe that we found. They were very kind and friendly to us. After presenting to them a brief message about the restoration of the gospel, they asked us for information on where our church meets and what time. We gave them a pamphlet for the restoration of the gospel, and they said they would read it and contact us after they had read it. While I would normally feel like that was a bummer, I really felt strongly like they are looking for the fullness of the gospel in their lives. Elder Tobe and I are going to follow-up with them this week, rather than wait for them to contact us.

On Thursday evening, one of the oldest members of the Redcliffe ward--Sister Nana Aiono--passed away. It seems like about half of the Polynesian members in the ward are in some way related to her. Last night we had the opportunity to attend her funeral service. I must say I have never been to a funeral like it! Elder Tobe and I had to leave after about 2.5 hours of the service, and they weren't quite done with all of the speakers! However, it was really cool to see the island traditions mixed in with the service.

Well, I hope that everybody has a great week! I love you all!

Elder Rosier


No comments:

Post a Comment