Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weekly Update September 16, 2013



Hello again!

This has been a really exciting week for Elder Tobe and myself! After a long week of knocking on who knows how many doors, we were able to top it all off with Sebastian's baptism! I was happy to see that we had a very good turnout for the baptism. Sebastian was baptized by his best friend, Tupou Lea'atoa. And on Sunday morning, I had the privilege to confirm him as a member of the church. At the baptism on Saturday evening, you could really feel the spirit very strongly, especially when Sebastian bore a very simple and powerful testimony. I don't think I will ever forget it. This was the first time--to my knowledge--that somebody who I participated in teaching the gospel to has been baptized. I feel very blessed to be a part of that. I have attached a photo of the baptism. Sebastian is standing next to Elder Tobe, and Tupou is standing next to me.

It was a very exciting Sunday at church. I noted that 6 of the less-active families we have been meeting with were in attendance. Along with seeing them there, the Redcliffe ward received a new bishop. The new bishop is--or rather, was--our ward mission leader who we had been working with so well and so closely. Bishop Thayer is going to be a great blessing to the Redcliffe ward. I just hope that we are able to get a ward mission leader who is just as motivated as he is!

I hope that everybody has a great week. I love you all. Thank you once again for all your support!

Elder Rosier


This is Ross and Bishop Ziesel. He is the bishop that was released on Sunday. He and his wife will be coming to Utah for General Conference and we are hoping to have the chance to meet them. I love when I get to visit with people that Ross has worked with while on his mission!

Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment