Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekly Update May 19, 2014

Hello once again!

It was a pretty full-on week for Elder Bly and myself.  We were blessed to meet a lot of new people, and find a few who invited us to come back.  This coming week is going to be packed full of teaching appointments.  I am very excited.  Our teaching pool has just been expanding dramatically.  What a blessing.

We were able to teach Harrison a couple of times this week.  We taught him the ten commandments, and were having a hard time getting him to be engaged in the lesson.  Then Elder Bly told him that if he memorized all ten commandments, he could shoot me in the head with a Nerf gun.  That got his attention! And he passed the test at the end of the lesson.....and I became a martyr for the faith.  Good to know my comp is so willing to sacrifice my life.  I wonder how willing he is to lay down his own.......

We were unable to see both the Turner family (that's the one with the four kids I talked about last week) and Brittany this week.  However, we have appointments with them this week.  Looking forward to that.

The biggest highlight of this week was the mission tour.  Elder Hamula of the Seventy--the Pacific Area President--came to visit our mission.  He seemed to be very impressed with our mission, and commented that he feels like our mission is soon to accomplish things never before seen in Australia.  It is going to be an exciting time to serve in the ABM.  I am looking forward to these last few months.  I admit I'm a bit jealous of the younger missionaries that will be here to see things that us older missionaries would have just dreamed about.

I hope that everyone has a great week.  Until next week,

Elder Rosier

Just a side note: Ross indicated that Harrison's baptism has been moved to June 21st to accommodate relatives that will be visiting Australia from Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment