Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekly Update May 12, 2014


We had a good chat with Ross for Mother's Day. He looked wonderful, and as always, was very happy, positive, and upbeat.

Hello and Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

I was informed that I forgot to send an update to everyone last week.  My apologies.  Last P-Day was transfers.  Since Elder 'Iongi has finished his mission, I was blessed to receive a new companion.  My new companion is Elder Bly.  He is from Las Vegas, and has been out for nine months.  I served around him in a previous zone.  He's a good guy, and I've enjoyed serving with him so far.

We have been blessed to witness a lot of miracles in Cleveland this week.  We have a family we were introduced to in our ward that is less-active.  It is a single mother with four teenage children: Dallas, Isaac, Sydney, and Leon.  The mother and three of the children are members.  The youngest, Leon, is not baptized.  The oldest daughter also has a boyfriend that lives with the family.  His name is Ernie.  We have been over to their place to teach them twice.  Last time we went over we had a really good lesson with them about the Holy Ghost and the Book of Mormon.  The family was really engaged in the lesson.  I think it was probably the best teaching appointment I've experienced on my mission.  This family is really looking to understand the gospel and make it a part of their life.  Dallas told us that her boyfriend was baptized as a member of the church when he was little.  However, when we had the ward clerk look up his records, we were unable to find one.  It seems he must not have been baptized into our church.  Ernie is really keen to learn about the Book of Mormon, so this is a real blessing and miracle for Elder Bly and me.

Another miracle we experienced this week came when we went to the first appointment we had set up with a twenty-something year-old girl named Brittany, whom we met tracting last week.  Though she set up a time for us to come back and share a message with her, I wasn't too optimistic that she would really be interested.  However, we found her home and waiting for us and had a good lesson with her.  These two blessings were timed just perfectly, because on the first day Elder Bly and I were together, we dropped one of our two investigators.  However, we have been very fruitful in our efforts to find new people to teach.  I am feeling very blessed.

I hope that all the mothers out there enjoyed their Mother's Day.  I love my mother will all my heart. I am proud to admit that I'm a "mama's boy".  I wouldn't be half the man I am today if it wasn't for the effort, sacrifice, and love of my angel mother.  Mum, I hope you understand that we all love you for what you have done for us.  Words cannot really express it.

I love you all!
Til next week!

Elder Rosier

No comments:

Post a Comment