Monday, May 12, 2014

Weekly Update April 14, 2014

G'day everyone!

I'd like to start out by saying that I really enjoyed this last general conference.  Crazy to think that I will be home for the next one.  The talks I enjoyed the most were Jeffrey R. Holland, Dallin H. Oaks (in priesthood), and David A. Bednar.  I had a rather pleasant surprise as I attended conference this weekend: two of the families in Darling Heights ward showed up for our conference who were down here visiting family.  It was great to be able to catch up with them!

Our week was a good one for Elder 'Iongi and me.  We were blessed with a mini-missionary, "Elder" Lewis Worth.  The mini-mission is a program they do here (I'm not sure if they do it anywhere else in the world) where 16-18 year-old youth go and spend a week serving with a companionship serving in a ward in a different stake.  Elder Worth was from the Burleigh Heads ward in Gold Coast stake.  We really enjoyed having him around and giving him a taste of missionary life, especially since he's planning to put his papers in very soon.  I wish we could have given him a better experience, though.  We had a lot of appointments fall-through this week, so we spent most of our time tracting and talking to people we came in contact with on the street.  Despite having a week of the stuff nobody likes doing, Elder Worth had a great time.  That's good!  Because if he enjoyed the nitty-gritty part of being a missionary, then he'll love his experience on his own mission.

We went to our appointment with Belinda this week.  When we arrived, she asked us to leave.  Didn't even say hello.  We're going to try once more with her before we drop her.  We were a bit surprised at what happened.  When we called her a few days prior to confirm, she was all good with us coming.  I have to wonder what happened.  I have two thoughts: either she doesn't really have a desire to learn the gospel, or the JWs came around, saw the stuff we left with her, and scared her off from meeting with us.  Hopefully, we'll have better luck next time.

Well, that's all for this week.  I love you all!

Elder Rosier

No comments:

Post a Comment