Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Weekly Update December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas! 

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas. This has been my second Christmas away from home, and it was a rather eventful one. As many of you may recall, I spent last Christmas in Mount Isa, where my companion and I were the only missionaries for hundreds of miles and the temperature was up in the 100s. I am grateful to be in Toowoomba for this Christmas where I am surrounded by 7 other missionaries and the weather is heaps more mild than it was up there. 

Our Christmas festivities in Toowoomba began last Wednesday with our district's "Christmas party" after our district meeting. We had previously assigned names for secret Santa, and at our little party we gave out our gifts. I received a hot wheels car from one of the sister missionaries. After handing out our gifts, we went carolling at a few of the retirement homes here in town. 

On Christmas Eve, all the missionaries in the mission, from Bundaberg south were able to attend the mission's Christmas party. President and Sister Henderson made sure it was a good time for all of the missionaries that were able to attend. We were able to do a  service activity for some foster children, we had a devotional, we watched "It's a Wonderful Life," and we were able to just enjoy the company of all the missionaries in attendance. We had a massive lunch, provided by members in the wards down around the Karawatha chapel in Logan. I was able to catch up with a couple of the members of the Springwood ward who volunteered their time to serve us. We were all very grateful for everything provided for us there. After the party was over, they handed out all of our packages and mail that the mission had been collecting for us over the last month or so. It was really nice to finally receive some mail from home.

Christmas was a lot of fun for us as well. We started the day having breakfast with the Edwards family in Toowoomba ward. They had all the missionaries in town over. Next we had lunch at the Allen's home. Brother Allen is a member of the bishopric in the ward. After lunch with them, we had a massive feed at the Ngahe's. The Ngahe's are a Tongan family, and they had quite a massive meal for us. After our time there we went to the Dixon family for "dinner." After our meal with the Ngahe's, it was difficult to eat much of anything else. Thankfully, the meal at the Dixon's was very light. 

I was grateful to be able to talk to my family over Skype today. While I do miss everybody, I am grateful to be where I am right now. Thank you all for your love and support. I love you all!

Elder Rosier

Ross wanted to share the following message with family & friends. Merry Christmas!

O Come, Emmanuel

No comments:

Post a Comment