Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekly Update November 4, 2013

Hello again everyone!

What a week. This week was one of those weeks where nothing seems to work out. Every lesson and appointment we had set up fell through. So what can you do when that happens? Look for people to teach! And we did. All week. Everyday. It was a very long week. However, it was not a bad week, nor were our endeavours frutiless. We were fortunate to find a number of people who said we could come back around. The remaining two weeks of this transfer we will spend sorting through them.

This week Elder McIntyre introduced me to a family from the Congo that he and Elder Pickett had found last transfer. They have given the father, Mishack, a French Book of Mormon and he has attended church once or twice before. He hardly speaks any English at all, but was very happy to see us. We only visited briefly to invite him to come to church on Sunday, and he came! Ironically, we had found another Congo family last week who invited us back to teach them. When I went there on Saturday with one of our Zone Leaders (on trade offs), they weren't home. We found out that Elder M and the other ZL went to visit Mishack and found that other family visiting there. They were only there to tell Mishack who would be picking him up for church. However, McIntyre and I feel like we have a really good opportunity to teach the gospel to these families.

I had a good time on our trade-offs with the Zone Leaders. I went with an elder named Elder O'Connor. I had a fun time with him. It was good finally meet him, since he and I were both trained by Elder Stevenson. I had heard a lot about him, so it was great getting to know him.

Anyways, I think that's all I have for this week. I would like to say Happy Birthday to my grandfather whose footsteps I am following in here in Australia, and to my father who will be turning 50 this week. I am grateful for both of their examples to me in my life.

Love you all!

Elder Rosier

No comments:

Post a Comment