Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Weekly Update November 27, 2013

Just a little background to Ross' update. One of the first investigators Ross ever worked with was a woman named Sue Percival. Ross formed an instant connection with Sue, because many of the questions she had about the gospel were centered around having a special needs child. Ross was able to share with her how the gospel has brought comfort and insight in our lives, as we have traveled the path of caring for Kristen, and his message resonated with Sue. Sue's husband, Ken, was already a member and Sue was scheduled to be baptized in January 2013, but Ross was transferred to Mt. Isa just before Christmas last year, and Ross never knew if the baptism had taken place.

G'day everyone!

What a long week this one has been! the new transfer really got off to a slow start for Elder McIntyre and me. We spent most of the week out tracting and visiting with less-active members in the ward. It wasn't too bad, as we were able to find a few people who invited us back. However, the only teaching we were able to do was a brief lesson we had with the family from Papua New Guinea that we have been meeting with for the last few weeks.

Friday was the day that stands out from the rest. In the early morning, Elder Pickett, one of the other missionaries in the ward, received a phone call from a member who said she needed help. Her dog had gone into labor, and she needed some help assisting the dog. Pickett and I were the only ones who were up and dressed at the time, so off we went to help. We were there most of the day helping mostly with cleaning up after each pup was born. It was an interesting experience, but definitely one I hope I don't have to participate in again!

Saturday and Sunday were stake conference. The stake president requested all the missionaries be at the Saturday night adult meeting, and we attended on Sunday. The conference was in Ipswich, which is on the west side of Brisbane, over 120 km (75 miles) away. Despite the long drive, the conference was really good. Completely focused on members and missionaries working together. I hope that we see a lot of good things come out of it. Sadly, one bad thing came from conference.

One of the speakers was President Jon Glass from the Brisbane temple presidency. He lives in Springwood ward, my first area. He mentioned in his talk that someone int he ward had recently passed away. I was able to catch up with him after the meeting, and asked him who had passed. I was sad to learn that Sue Percival--one of the investigators I had while in Springwood--was the one who had passed. I am deeply sorrowed by her loss. I was very close with her and her husband, Ken. Unfortunately, Sue had not yet been baptized.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I would just like to end this email by saying how thankful I am for a merciful and loving Heavenly Father. I know that a part of his plan includes the temple, and the opportunity for saving ordinances to be performed because God loves all of his children, and wants to afford all of them to opportunity to come unto him. I know that Sue can still be baptized, and I have no doubt that she will accept when someone does her work for her.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love you all very much.

Elder Rosier



No comments:

Post a Comment