Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekly Update October 14, 2013

Hello again everybody!

This week was kind of a slow one for me and Elder McIntyre. We've spent the week just trying to get the area up and running and figuring out the best way to split the area with the other 2 missionaries. We've finally got it all down and we should be up and running this week. So far it appears we have 5 investigators. One of them has a baptismal date set for two weeks from Saturday, I believe. I haven't met her yet, but we have a lesson with her tonight. I cannot recall her name. 2 of our investigators are university students from China. We had a good lesson with them this week. We won't be able to see them until their final exams are over. 

This weekend we had the opportunity to view General Conference. I really enjoyed hearing from the Prophet and the other general authorities. My favourite talks were given in the Priesthood session by Bishop Causse and President Uchtdorf. Bishop Causse emphasized the importance of making sure that nobody feels like a stranger in the church. Even those who walk in off the street should be able to feel welcome in our meetings. We need to be sure that all members in the church receive fellowship from one another. Being in the mission field has taught me how crucial that is. I also enjoyed all the talks on members assisting the missionaries. I hope we'll see a world-wide effort of members and missionaries working closely together.

Well, I believe that is all I have for this week. Love you all!

Elder Rosier

In his letter to me, Ross wrote:
I have enjoyed Toowoomba so far. It's a beautiful town. It really reminds me of home...well, more so than anywhere else I have served! The bishop of the Darling Heights ward is the brother of the bishop in the Redcliffe ward (Bishop Thayer. I'm not sure if they told you, but Bishop Ziesel was released just before they left on holiday), so I am excited to work with him. I'm hoping that they are like-minded, because Bishop Thayer was the best ward mission leader I have worked with on my mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment