Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekly Update August 27, 2013



Hello again everybody!
Today is transfers. I am still in Deception Bay with Elder Tobe. We had a really good week this week. 
Sebastian is still progressing really well. We were unable to teach him this week, but he was participating in activities with the ward this week and I'm told he had a good time. I saw him on Tuesday night when we had trade-offs with the ward. He told me he's still reading the Book of Mormon.
Yesterday we met with a girl I found tracting with Elder Powelson a few weeks ago. Her name is Selina. She used to meet with missionaries a number of months ago. She said she would like us to teach her again, so we are going to start meeting with her on Friday. 
This week we decided we needed to work more in North Lakes, one of the towns in our area. So, after a little exploring, we found a bike path through the forest that separates D-Bay from North Lakes. It was a lot of fun! But a really rough ride! My bike as no suspension at all!! We started tracting in NL this Saturday. No success, but we were able to give out a few pamphlets. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we find some success here.
Elder Lao is going home tomorrow! I am going to miss that guy! He is being replaced by a greenie. This morning before Powelson and Lao left for the transfer meeting, I took the opportunity to quote the Best Two Years to Powelson: "I can just see this guy now. He's 5 foot 6, fresh out of the states. Weighs a buck-twenty-five, wears those thick coke-bottle glasses, talks in a high nasily voice like this, and on P-day he's going to want to, oh, I don't know, maybe play a grueling game of chess or something." Gotta love it :)

Take care!
Elder Rosier

No comments:

Post a Comment