Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Weekly Update August 7, 2013

Hello again!

We were able to attend the temple this morning, so today (Wednesday) is our P-day. It's really strange how rough it is when you don't have a p-day on Monday. You wake up in the morning almost in complete denial that you have to go out and work that day. However, I am grateful for the blessing of serving in an area where I am able to attend the temple. That was one thing I really missed in Mount Isa.

This week was a good one for Elder Tobe and me. Last Tuesday, we challenged our investigator, Rahul, to be baptized. He said he wants to be, but has to wait until after his wedding in November. Though he didn't grow up practicing it, Rahul is from a very traditional Hindu family. He is currently engaged to a Hindu girl from Fiji, and the wedding will be a Hindu wedding. I wanted to suggest that as a member of the church he would be allowed to participate in the wedding, but I wasn't sure if that was true. I worry that it wouldn't be acceptable in the eyes of the families involved as well. While sad that we will need to wait for his baptism, and I am very happy and grateful that he has received a witness that the Book of Mormon is true, and that he has the desire to be baptized.

We continue to see success with our less-active families that we visit regularly. We will be starting to have a FHE, like we had in Mount Isa, every Sunday evening to invite the ones who don't feel ready to attend church to. Very excited to do this because of how successful it was in Mount Isa.

I must admit that I am very grateful to be serving in Deception Bay. The Redcliffe ward is a really great ward to serve in. The members here are so helpful to us. I really think this ward is a model for member missionary work in our mission. They are constantly trying to do better in assisting us.

I hope everybody has a great week this week. Love you all!

Elder Rosier

No comments:

Post a Comment