Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekly Update August 13, 2013





G'day!

I really need to start by writing this email first. Because I am currently pressed for time, this will be brief.
Elder Tobe and I had a really great week this week. We experienced some miracles that we were in need of. Elder Tobe is teaching another exchange student about the church. It seems to be going well. This student is more talkative than the last one, so I'm under the assumption that he asks a lot of questions. We also have missionaries in our Zone that want to have Tobe come teach exchange students staying with members in their wards.

On Saturday night we had a ward talent night in the Redcliffe ward. Elder Tobe, Elder Lao, a ward member, and I put on a musical item. I picked up a violin for the first time in 5 years. It was just like riding a bike! A bike with training wheels...  I was very, very rusty (I still think that's an understatement), but after 2 days of practicing I got the hang of it again and did a decent job when we performed on Saturday night. That Saturday night, a member in our ward brought a nonmember friend with him who is an investigator from another ward in our stake. He came to church the next day, and we were able to teach him about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. It was a really good experience. He really enjoyed the talent night, and it seemed like he really enjoyed church the next day.

Well, I think that's all I have the time for. I love you all, and apologize at keeping this so short. Have a great week!

Elder Rosier

In his letter to me, Ross wrote the following:

Elder Tobe and I had a good week.  We did a lot of the same things we normally do.  Yesterday, we had a mission conference with Elder Pearson from the area presidency.  It was a good meeting, he's really trying to do what he can to show the need to align members and missionaries together so that we can work effectively together.  I'm glad I'm already in a ward that does that.  It will be difficult to leave Redcliffe Ward when the time comes because I am going to have very high expectations of the wards and branches I serve in from now on;


No comments:

Post a Comment