Thursday, January 9, 2014

Weekly Update January 7, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hope everybody had a great new year's eve and day! As I mentioned in my last year's Eve, so I am starting 2014 in a new area.

The first week here was really good. I am enjoying serving with Elder 'Iongi. We spent much of this week finding people to teach, and visiting the less-active members in the ward. We have had much success this week with people who we have talked with on the street and at the bus station. Hopefully I'll have much to report on in the coming weeks regarding those whom we found.

We have two progressing investigators here. One is a man named Paul who is Catholic. His wife is from the states. He joined the Catholic church when he married his wife. When I met him for the first time this week, we had a rather long (and deep, I might add) discussion on the apostasy, how it started, what caused it, and how/why the restoration of the gospel occurred. Thank you, James E. Talmage, for teaching me about that subject in depth. Fortunately, that was really good for Paul, as I was able to address some of the concerns he had both about our church and the Catholic chruch. He was mostly concerned about the claim to authority by both churches. Elder 'Iongi feels that now that we're over that obstacle with him that we'll be able to help him progress.

Our other investigator is a girl named Maria. She has met with missionaries in the past. On Sunday we went over the restoration with her. She said she will get baptized if she gets a witness that he Book of Mormon is true. We are seeing her tomorrow, so hopefully we'll be able to set a date with her.

Well, that's us here in Capalaba. I hope everyone has a great week!

Elder Rosier

No comments:

Post a Comment