Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Weekly Update June 19, 2013

Hello again, Friends and Family!

I apologize for how late this is. Today (Wednesday) was our zone's day to go to the temple, so P-day was moved to today. I cannot begin to describe how happy I was to be able to attend the temple. After 4 transfers of not being able to attend, I was very excited to go. It was nice to be able to partake of the peace and tranquility of the temple. The cherry on top was just as I was leaving, I went into the sitting room where I had checked my camera, and I ran into Sister Glass from Springwood ward (my first area). Her husband, President Glass, is a member of the temple presidency, and she is an assistant matron. I was very excited to see her, and we had a good chat. She then told me I needed to go to the president's office and she Pres. Glass. I had a great time catching up with him! I really missed the Glasses when I was up in Mount Isa. They were a big help to me and Elder Stevenson when I was in Springwood. President Glass was able to give me an update on a couple investigators that I had in Springwood who still have yet to get baptized, and let me know how the ward is doing.

This week was a good one for Elder Sualevai and myself. On Friday night, our investigator Naomi was baptized along with her 8 -year-old son Siliva. Naomi is 8 1/2 months pregnant, and it took her husband 3 attempts to baptize her (her belly was sticking out of the water)! It was a great experience for everyone who attended. We were then able to participate in their confirmations on Sunday. I believe that was the first time I have participated in a confirmation, but I'm not 100%.

Along with the baptism, Elder Sualevai and I were able to go and find a number of potential investigators we've spent this week trying to follow-up with. I'll report more on that in the future as things develop.

I would like to thank my father and my grandfather for the wonderful examples that they have set for me as I have grown up! Happy Father's Day! I love you both very much!

Until next week,
Elder Rosier

No comments:

Post a Comment