Sunday, May 26, 2013

Weekly Update 26 May 2013

G'day everybody

Another week has flown by here in the Isa. On Saturday I hit my 10-months mark. I didn't even realize it until somebody I met asked me how long I have been on my mission. Crazy how fast time goes when you aren't paying attention to it. 

This week was full of ups and downs. I had a couple of bad days this week, but I won't bore you with the details. I feel very blessed that there are members here in the branch that we missionaries can turn to when we need some support. I would just like to express my thanks and gratitude to those branch members who were there for me. What a blessing.

Despite how slowly our efforts seem to be producing results, I am very optimistic about what will be occurring here in Mount Isa over the next couple of months. Our teaching pool is starting to slowly expand, but those who we are teaching the gospel to I feel are quite genuine about it. These are people whom the Lord has prepared to accept the gospel. The one thing that they all have in common is that they were all found by the efforts of the branch members, which just goes to show that we all know someone who will be receptive of the gospel, we just need to have the courage to say something. One of these is a girl named Hannah. She is the fiance of a less-active branch member. She has already made up her mind that she will be baptized when she and her fiance, Marley, get married. In her case, her fellowship from Marley and his family has been the biggest influence on her. We just recently began meeting with her, but over the last 4-5 weeks has come to church each week, and participated in activities.

This week we plan to challenge the 9 year-old boy we're teaching to be baptized. Fingers crossed!

I hope everybody has a good week. Thank you for your support!

Love,
Elder Rosier

No comments:

Post a Comment