Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekly Update February 11, 2014

Hello again, friends and family!

It was a very generic week for Elder 'Iongi and I.  Unfortunately, we suffered a few setbacks.  The saddest one for us was our investigator, Amy, moved.  She went up the Sunshine Coast in search of work, and may not be back.  We will find out in a few weeks.  Other than that, the only "setbacks"we had were a number of appointments that fell-through.

On Saturday I had the opportunity to go on an exchange with Elder Tarati, our French-Polynesian trainee in Capalaba ward.  It has been a long time since I went on an exchange with a missionary who doesn't speak English very well.  I had a good time with him.  His language skill has been improving heaps over the weeks, and he has great faith that Heavenly Father can help him overcome his weakness in the language.   I must admit that he is the most confident greenie I have ever met.

Yesterday the four of us in Capalaba ward--Elders 'Iongi, Huntington, Tarati, and I--had the most exciting service project I have ever participated in as a missionary.  We went to an elderly lady's home to clean up the dead palm frons that were all over her property.  That was a bit boring.....up until she asked us to burn them :)  That was rather exciting!  I will send some photos of it home next week.

Today is transfers.  Elder "Iongi and I are still together.  In fact, there were no changes in Capalaba ward.

That's about it for this week.

Love you all very much!

Elder Rosier

No comments:

Post a Comment