Sunday, July 21, 2013

Weekly Update July 22, 2013



G'day!

I'm not too sure what to write about this week. It was rather uneventful for Elder Tobe and myself. We had a lot of appointments cancel on us this week. It was a little discouraging. I'm sure Elder Tobe just loved coming into an area that gave the first impression of nothing happening.

We spent a lot of time this week visiting with the less-activie families. Last night at one of our appointments I got a little taste of what it might be like when we have the iPads to use when we proselyte. We were visiting a less-active family when a question was raised about Christ's death and ressurrection. We borrowed the husband's ipad to get on mormonchannel.org and watched a few of the bible videos as we taught the family. It was really cool! And super handy for us to use the video as we taught. Hopefully we'll have that advantage with us all the time when we receive the ipads.

We just had about a dozen new ward missionaries called here in Redcliffe ward. Our first corellation meeting with them was yesterday after church. We're going to be trailing a program a member has come up with to help us to receive more referrals from members, and to help encourage member missionary work. The ward mission team is very excited, and so are we!

I hope everybody has a great week! Love you all!

Elder Rosier

Ross wrote the following in is letter to me: "My birthday was rather uneventful. We all came back to the flat around 7:30, and made pizza and watched the Joseph Smith movie. President and Sister Henderson called me right before I went to bed to sing happy birthday to me. We had dinner with the Costellos the night before, and Elder Tobe mentioned that my birthday was the next day, so when sister Costello brought us our cherry-ripe brownies (the best brownies I've ever had, by the way. sorry mum.) for dessert, she had stuck a candle in mine and wrote Happy 21st birthday on the plate. It was very sweet :)"


No comments:

Post a Comment